When you got some problems with content delivery to the DA client application, there is an option how to collect useful information by using Fiddler.
To collect necessary data please follow steps below:
- Close DeskAlerts client application
- Check poll period value in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\DeskAlerts\conf.xml". The value is located in the string <PROPERTY id="normal_expire" default="5s" const="1"/>. In this example poll period is 5 seconds.
- Start Fiddler. Make sure it started in Capture Mode (to toggle press F12)
After Fiddler installation, please start it and make sure that traffic Capture Mode is enabled. You can check the left bottom side of Fiddler window. You should see there an icon with word “Capturing”. Please, refer to the screenshot below:
In case this field is empty you can switch to Capture Mode by pressing F12
Now the Fiddler is capturing the traffic.
- Start DeskAlerts Client application, make sure the client registration was successful on the server.
- Send an alert
- Please keep fiddler collecting traffic data to a log file during poll period value. It means if poll period value is 1 minute you should keep fiddler collecting data more than 1 minute. This guarantee DA client requests will be tracked by Fiddler.
Save Fiddler log file as shown in the screenshot below. Please,set the name of the fiddler log file according to customer’s name:
Send this file to with customer’s user name and detailed description of steps to reproduce the issue.