It's possible that your machine isn't in Active Directory domain. By default, DeskAlerts with Active Directory support doesn't send messages to the outside of domain. You can change this behavior by logging into DeskAlerts Control Panel with administrator rights, going to the Settings>Common Settings and "enable non-domain users to register and receive alerts" under the "Active Directory" section.
Articles in this section
- How to use Fiddler
- I have trouble installing MAC client.
- I am getting a server error on some part of DeskAlerts console
- Screensavers are not showing
- No content is being delivered
- I can't access admin console after DeskAlerts server installation
- DeskAlerts workstation troubleshooting questionnaire.
- I have issues with sending ScreenSaver alerts. What can I do?
- I can't seem to send alerts to Locked Screens.
- I get "Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions" when trying to run DeskAlerts Server installer file.