It's possible that your machine isn't in Active Directory domain. By default, DeskAlerts with Active Directory support doesn't send messages to the outside of domain. You can change this behavior by logging into DeskAlerts Control Panel with administrator rights, going to the Settings>Common Settings and "enable non-domain users to register and receive alerts" under the "Active Directory" section.
Articles in this section
- DeskAlerts workstation troubleshooting questionnaire.
- I have issues with sending ScreenSaver alerts. What can I do?
- I can't seem to send alerts to Locked Screens.
- I get "Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions" when trying to run DeskAlerts Server installer file.
- I run 2008 Windows Server and have issues with installing DeskAlerts. What do i do?
- I have got a crashreport, what do I do?
- I get a Server Error with Framework 4.5, what should I do?
- How to configure your browser proxy to send SMS alerts
- If users don’t receive any alerts
- IIS settings for Encryption add-on