DeskAlerts Server is using Windows Scheduled Tasks to maintain some of its functions. These tasks are responsible:
- For sending of all scheduled content
- For obtaining content from RSS-enabled sources
- For performing scheduled (automatic) Active Directory synchronizations
- For content archiving purposes
If you see a notification about some of these tasks failing – the big part of DeskAlerts functionality is inactive.
There are few steps to take before contacting DeskAlerts support:
- Access the Windows Task Scheduler, find the DeskAlerts tasks and check the task History for any error messages:
- For every task that is failing, in the Action tab of task properties, find the script which is being executed by the task. Check its existence in inetpub/AdminScripts folder.
- If the .vbs file is in place, open it and find the line which contains the address of some server .asp file. Check the existence of this file in the given folder.
- If anything of the above is not in order (Task History contains error messages/Some of the files are not in place), you should run your server installation once again, over the existing one.
- If reinstalling the server over existing one isn’t helping – contact DeskAlerts support.